- Have a timed race across the monkey bars
- (mom and dad can do pull ups to slow themselves down and make it a better exercise)
- Sprint to the nearest light post
- Do crab walks, duck walks, and bear crawls in sand or on grass
- Find sand and have a long jump competition
- Teach the kids to do an assisted pull up (the parents get to work out their arms lifting the kid repeatedly!)
- Do burpees or star jumps for time.
- Have a relay race using a stick as a baton
- Or go back to tradition and play catch. Make it more of a workout by including sprinting to missed balls
Some days, we have to get our bodies moving and our blood pumping but are not able to get to the gym for various reasons. If your reason is that you have kids, this is the post for you! Grab the kids and head to the local park (this is ok in rain, snow, or sunshine). Use all of the facilities that the park has to make a game that gives you and the kids a workout. I have a list below of some ideas for fitness activities disguised as games!
eBook only $2.99
Click for details.
School's back! Be ready with our go-to parent helper.
50 Cures for Boredom.
Unique ideas for play dates and memorable, quality, family time.
EBook now available. Click on book above for more information.
<a href="http://pinterest.com/octoberjuneblog" target="_blank">October June</a>
<a href="http://pinterest.com/welegant" target="_blank">Willfully Elegant</a>
<a href="http://www.pinterest.com/christinaschu" target="_blank">The Beautiful Balance</a>
<a href="https://www.pinterest.com/sixonesix" target="_blank">Six One Six</a>
<a href="https://www.pinterest.com/kastilwell/" target="_blank">Virtually Yours</a>
<a href="http://pinterest.com/mslisatufano" target="_blank">THINK LIKE A BOSS LADY</a>
<a href="https://www.pinterest.com/mcushing7/" target="_blank">Deliciously Savvy</a>
<a href="http://pinterest.com/mistimoonshine" target="_blank">Handbags + Handguns</a