You do not have to spend a lot of your vacation time on your cardio. Even 15 minutes a few times a week can increase your metabolism as well as keep you mindful of how far in your fitness program you have come. (modified version at the end)
Exercises for time:
- Enter a push-up position and pull each knee to your chest as though you are running.
- Keep your back straight, your core tight, and your arms at 90* to your body and the floor. To get the best workout, move hard and fast!
- Don't wake the neighbors in the hotel room by "running" too loudly!
- Run, walk, or even squat jump up the stairs. Just push yourself and make the
- If you decide to squat jump, be sure to squat properly with your knees not bending past the plane of your toes.
- Wear proper foot gear so that you do not stub your toes.
- Remember: You do not have to search for areas with many floors of stairs. An entry-way with 4-5 stairs is enough to do squat jumps and small-sprints.
- Ok, you need equipment for this, but you can pack it in your backpack.
- Try different kinds of jumps and find what works for you-one foot at a time, running style, double jumping, etc. Re-live recess!
Exercises for reps (try sets of 10-15):
- Watch out for waking guests in the hotel room below you by jumping too loudly!
- Can be done in your room straight up and down for jumping height.
- Can be done down the hallway for jumping distance.
- Make sure to perform a good squat each time with your knees not bending past the plane of your toes, your chest facing forward, and your head upright.
- This is a cardio blaster! Do as many as you can each time
- Bend down and put your hands on the floor into a crouched position and spring your feet back into a push up position.
- Do a push up then bring your feet back to a crouch (by jumping your feet toward your hands).
- Stand up straight and use your upward momentum to jump into the air.
- Repeat for each rep. This should become one fluid set of motions.
- Kicking it old school for cardio!
- Try a variety: Regular, one footed, kick forward, kick backward, or even spin in a circle. Have some fun with this and let loose!
- Do modified squats by sitting into a chair or onto a bed and then standing back up with out using your hands.
- Make sure to use those quads and press up out of the sit position.
- You can do this based on time or by counting reps!